Rising from the Ashes

I have been there, in deepest of the hell.
I have been through that
When you have so much to say,
But nobody to tell.
I’ve crawled on burning charcoal.
Had everyone around,
But no one really to hold.

I’ve breathed in awful places,
The austere bedrooms and cold embraces,
I’ve been in love with eldritch souls but beautiful faces.
I’ve licked their ominous lips,
Ascertaining my apocalypse.

I knew the date of my demise.
I’d accurately calculated the collapse of my premise.
Yet I’d refused to bend or mend.
I could never be someone who could cheat or dodge.
I could’ve sailed through it all,
Only if I had a friend.

And when I am here again,
Rising from the ashes,
Take it, take it as a promise
That I will not repeat my mistakes,
That I will not forget
How it feels to be at the bottom of lonely lakes.

As I’m rising from the ashes,
Should you be worried?
Hell yes.

I wrote this piece in a rush. I wanted to make it lyrical, but thought that it should rather be just a poem at this point of time. I’m leaving it like this, with lingering rhymes, so that if I wish I can make relevant changes in future, I can. I hope you liked it.

Suggestions? Please share.

Written for Photo Challenge #105 at MLMM. Follow the link and participate, if you wish to.

arno-rafael-minkkinen-28
Arno Rafael Minkkinen-28

1. kvennarad says:

Sometimes it’s best to leave things as they were when you created them spontaneously.

1. NEKNEERAJ says:

I agree. But then most of my poems here have been just the first drafts. I’d mentioned few times to get the editing done, but I could never. 🙂 I think that raw is better.

2. Prajakta says:

It still has the essence of a prose and is perfect for the raw, straight sentiment you are projecting. Great take on the image.

1. NEKNEERAJ says:

Thank you Prajakta. 🙂
      How have you been?

2. Prajakta says:

I have been well… Thanks! 🙂 Hope you are fine.

1. NEKNEERAJ says:

Thank you Jensy!

3. You explore so well the depths of despair and loneliness and the notion that now there is hope and that will drive you to new places and new challenges…..scared? Well yes but energised by the prospect of new and exciting discoveries.

1. NEKNEERAJ says:

Thank you Michael for leaving a valuable comment.

4. julespaige says:

I rarely edit or revise pieces. Perhaps because I do write so much that I am always going forward.
    And when I do fall behind… I mash prompts. Thanks for your kind words on ‘Abjection Abandoned’ –
    There were really many ways to go with that great photo you picked out 🙂

5. A. Rinum says:

Very well written!
    I write poetry too, please do check out mine.

1. NEKNEERAJ says:

Thank you, Rinum. I’ll sure visit your blog.

Comment, praise, criticize? Do leave a note.