3 Poetweets

(i) soon

i watch,
as i slide another marble,
from the throat of the bottle of scotch:
we emptied together,
soon it’ll be choked on betrayal,
like me.

(ii) typically a butterfly

delicate,
elegant,
colorful,
you were a butterfly,
i could never get over from,
and you tasted from your feet too,
Ah you were so typical.

(iii) hangover

spinning,
tumbling,
rising to spin again,
she knows something must be done,
to kill the hangover from last night’s tango,
and his whispers..

For BJ’s Shadorma & Beyond – Poetweet @ MLMM

About A Poetweet: It is a free verse poem constructed with exactly 140 characters. That number includes punctuation and line breaks. (Hence the “tweet” portion of the name. Tweets in Twitter can be no longer than 140 characters.)

Credits: Irizaar @ deviantart
Credits: Irizaar @ deviantart

1. globalunison says:

Loved all of them, the tweet concept was cool too but I never knew you were such a big fan of Twitter 🙂

Have a good day, Neeraj.

-Naima

1. I don’t like restrictions just like I don’t like tight clothes. But rules are a necessity for being disciplined. So being in parentheses sometimes works for me 🙂
      (Still not a big fan of twitter though.)
      Thank you for sharing your thoughts on this. You should try this form too. It’s fun!

2. globalunison says:

I will give it a try if I can — soon 🙂

-Naima

3. That would be awesome =)

2. All three are terrific. The second made me laugh “you tasted from your feet too,
    Ah you were so typical.” And the last one strong.

1. Thank you so much! Second one is my favorite!

3. Jeanne says:

Had never heard of a poetweet. How cool is that? It didn’t matter that there was actually a name for it because it was so enjoyable a read.

1. Neither I knew about it before the prompt at MindLoveMisery’s Menagerie. Exactly 140 characters are a real challenge.
      Thank you for reading, Jeanne.

4. Jen says:

You really ran with challenge! I’m so glad you tried the Poetweet – even though you had reservations. These are SO intense. Wow.

1. Thank you Jen. It was really an interesting challenge. I had to compose them on Twitter itself, Lol. But really thank you for introducing this form and the amazing blog ‘thoutpurge.’

2. Jen says:

Isn’t Thotpurge amazing??? Such a talented poet ….!

Glad you enjoyed the prompt too. I’ll have to compose on Twitter too — not sure how to work out those line breaks otherwise! LOL!

All the best —

3. It is not because she posts poetweets but because despite of the limitations (of 140 characters) she writes beautifully.
      I’m so hooked to the form that I’ll be posting more of these.
      (Have you posted yours by the way?)

4. Jen says:

Oh my. I am so far behind on posts right now! Hoping to get the post done this weekend — or at least Monday. Fingers crossed!

It’ll be great to see what else you come up with 🙂

5. I’m looking forward to it.

5. Cool concept! And lovely poems.

6. Noora says:

Creative work, Neeraj! I totally love the second one!!

Comment, praise, criticize? Do leave a note.