DUALITY (5 Haikus)

Opt not for a fling
My head often gets this itch
Life’s a boomerang

Sneak in solitude
Trouble’s uninvited, I’m
Often audacious

The bridges we built
Shrink distances between us
Let us burn them down

Parallel we walk
Perpendicular we get
Stop on a dot, we.

Breaths I need to breathe
Breathing is so hard to keep
When her breath’s around

Written for Haiku prompt “Duality”

Brooke Shaden
Brooke Shaden

1. Oh these are both clever and deep nicely done!

2. mthomaswhite says:

Nice job. I got major respect for writers capable of writing haikus. They seem like the most entertaining form of poetry to write. Unfortunately, I have never been able to master the process.

1. Thank you for the encouragement. I’m trying to adopt this form, I’m just a beginner. I would love to read your creations.

2. mthomaswhite says:

I fear they never make it past my pen. Most often, they wind up in the waste bin, but I will be following yours for sure!

3. A constant way for them into the waste bin will get you spill out a masterpiece eventually. Keep writing.

4. mthomaswhite says:

I shall endeavour to fulfill your command.

5. Lol.. I shall be pleased 🙂

3. Shards Of DuBois says:

wow, very good! I talk too much to create Haikus… lol

1. Shards Of DuBois says:

ps…LOVE the new background!!!

2. I think haikus help us to tame our wild sides. 😉
      I’m glad you enjoyed.

4. beingeternal says:

So brilliantly and smartly put! All the five are equally amazing but my heart lingered over a bit longer @5.

1. Aww that’s close to my heart too. Thank you for taking time to read and comment. Appreciated !!!

2. beingeternal says:

Glad to learn that. Pleasure is mine reading your beautiful works. 🙂

5. globalunison says:

All of them are amazing but my personal favourites are #3 and #4! Well done!

-Naima

1. Thank you! I guess I knew that already. 😉

6. kvennarad says:

I should like to uplift these for possible use in a future issue of ‘the zen space’.

Please email me at thezenspace{a}googlemail.com

M

1. It’ll be an honor.. Check your email in awhile =)

7. Excellent take on this prompt…I enjoyed the entire series. Well done!

8. Bastet says:

Wonderful series .. I really enjoyed it very much. Bravo!

1. It means a lot.. Thank you so much!!

Comment, praise, criticize? Do leave a note.